The Holy Trinity Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church (artifact ID WDM-1973-NB-13900) at the WDM North Battleford dates to as early as 1909, when early Ukrainian settlers to the Hafford area of Saskatchewan pulled logs from Little Shell Lake to build the foundation of the church. Organized by Wasyl Pysklivets, this group worked through the winter of 1909-10 to construct the church. By Fall 1910, the church was completed, and the first Holy Divine Liturgy was celebrated. However, the interior of the church was not completed until 1917.
The building of a Ukrainian church was a community effort. The land for the church was donated by Wasyl Pysklivets and Dmytro Smetanuik. The primary carpenters who worked on the church were the Kutziks, a father-son duo. The logs were trimmed by Mike Bezmutko and Mike Kotelko, and the dome was built by John Gabrysh. The cross was made by Michael Lazarowich. The first bell for the church was donated by Mrs. Parasky Lazarowich in 1912 after the death of her husband, Nykola.