The Saint Andrew National Centenary Award is a prestigious one time recognition of excellence, achievement and contributions at a national or international level to the spiritual and community life of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada. The Award recognizes individuals and institutions that have made their mark in such areas as following:
- Spiritual leadership
- Development of community including local parishes and events that have provided an exemplary inspiration and foundation at a national level
- Fostering of a visionary legacy
- Creation of legal and organizational foundation
- Worship life of Church through artistic contributions in music, architecture, Iconographic beautification
- Scholastic and academic achievement in areas such as theological or socio-historic research and writing
The Award will recognize both current and posthumous contributions. Up to one hundred National Centenary awards can be made.
Nominations can come from Parishes, organized entities of the UOCC (e.g. St. Andrew’s College) and/or from individuals (minimum of two nominators is required one of whom should be a member of the UOCC). The selection of successful recipients of the St. Andrew National Centenary Award will be made by a National Adjudication panel.